Each city has it’s own Bylaws regarding the use and placement of portable signs. Here is a quick summary of the Morinville Portable Sign Bylaws
General Sign Regulations include (but not limited to):
- No sign shall be erected, operated, used or maintained in such a way that its position, size, shape, colour, format or illumination obstructs the view of, or maybe confused with a traffic control device or other official sign, or otherwise pose a potential hazard to vehicular or pedestrian traffic.
- Where possible, signs shall not cover architectural details such as arches, sills, mouldings, cornices and transom windows.
- Wiring and conduits for electrified signs must be concealed from view.
- No part of a sign or sign structure may encroach onto or over an adjacent site, road or lane unless a registered agreement between landowners running with the land is obtained.
- Except as otherwise specified in this Bylaw, the maximum area of any sign shall be 18.0 m² (193.8 sq. ft.).
The following are specifically prohibited:
- Digital signs as defined in this Part and any signs that employ video display, motion picture, or an audible component
- Third-party signs with the exception of billboards
- Devices or signs that move or assume motion, including but not limited to flexible automatons, unless otherwise specifically permitted in this Part
- Signs that use chasing borders or movement of any kind unless otherwise specifically permitted in this Part
- Any sign that has ribbons, pennants, streamers, balloons, flags, spinners, or similar devices attached to it.
|Sign Type||Permit||No Permit||# of Signs||Sign Specifications|
|A-frame signs||*||1 per business frontage||0.7 sq.m (2.3 sq.ft) max face area1.0 m (3.3 ft) max height|
|Awning, Canopy and Under-Canopy signs||*||2.5m (8.2ft) min. vertical clearance1.5m (4.9ft) max height|
|Billboards||*||30.0sq.m (322.9sq.ft) max face area8.0m (26.2ft) max height|
|Construction Signs||*||2 per site||5.0sq.m (53.8sq.ft) max face area3.0m (9.8ft) max height|
|Development Marketing Signs||*||2 per site||On-site: 3.0sq.m (32.3sq.ft) max face area, 3.0m (9.8ft) max heightOff-site: 30.0sq.m (322.9sq.ft) max face area, 8.0m (26.2ft) max height|
|Fascia Signs||*||1.5m (4.9ft) max heightmust not exceed the width of the building or unit|
|Freestanding Signs||*||1 sign per site with a minimum 15.0m (49.2ft) business frontage or1 sign per site with a minimum 90.0m (295.3ft) business frontage, plus one(1) additional sign for every 90.0m (295.3ft)||0.3sq.m (3.3sq.ft) for each lineal meter of frontage, to a maximum of 12.0sq.m (129.2sq.ft)7.0m (23.0ft) max height|
|Inflatable Signs||*||8.0m (26.2ft) max height|
|Neighbourhood Identification Signs||*||6.0sq.m (64.6sq.ft) max face area3.0m (9.8ft) max height|
|Portable Signs||*||1 per site1 per business in a multiple-occupancy development 30.0m (98.4ft) apart||2.5m (8.2ft) max height|
|Real Estate Signs||*||2 per site||3.0sq.m (32.3sq.ft) max face area3.0m (9.8ft) max height|
|Wall Signs||*||max face area of 25% of wall area|
Portable Sign Bylaws Morinville
The Sign Regulations for Morinville is stated under Section 7 of the Land-Use Bylaw. Did not find what you were looking for? Here is a detailed copy of the Bylaw. Morinville Portable Sign Bylaw.
Need Morinville Portable Sign Bylaws?