General Sign Regulations include (but are not limited to):
- No sign shall be constructed, placed, relocated or altered without first obtaining a Development Permit otherwise provided in the city Bylaws.
- The placement of a sign shall not require the removal or destruction of trees, shrubbery or other landscaping.
- Any permitted sign shall be placed so as not to obstruct or impair vision, or hinder or interfere with pedestrian or vehicular traffic on abutting roads or walkways.
- No sign shall be affixed to any public or private structure.
- The following signs shall be permitted without the requirement for a Development permit:
|Type of Sign||Notes / Limitations|
|statutory and official notices of government authorities|
|traffic and directional signs authorized by the council|
|temporary signs promoting the sale or lease of real estates and developments||1 sign per lot/sitemaximum sign area of 11.52 sqm. (124.0 sqft)|
|construction signs||must be wholly situated upon the construction sitemust not project over a public roadway1 sign per sitemaximum sign area of 2.97 sqm. (32.0 sqft)must be removed upon completion of site construction|
|menu boards at drive-thru eating establishments||no portion of the sign conveying advertisements shall be directed or visible from off of the sitenon-advertising portion(s) of the sign shall be properly finishedmaximum sign area of 2.97sqm (32.0sqft)|
|the changeable copy panel of a changeable copy sign|
|election posters||must be removed three(3) days after the election date|
|garage and yard sale signs||must be no larger than 0.56sqm (6.0sqft)signs placed on public property shall not be placed more than 24hours preceding the sale and shall be removed within 24 hours of the conclusion of the salethere will be no staked signs permitted on 98th or 99th Avenue boulevards due to underground irrigation systems.|
Portable Sign Bylaws Fort Saskatchewan
Did not find what you were looking for? Here is a more detailed copy of the Sign Regulations for Fort Saskatchewan. Fort Saskatchewan Portable Sign Bylaws.